- State of Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation and The Office of Cannabis Regulation has licensed BAK 2 Basics, LLC as a certified CBD Retailer. BAK 2 Basics has satisfied all requirements necessary for proper approval and is the first Rhode Island retailer to become certified to retail hemp-derived consumable CBD products. In December 2021, the Department of Business Regulations signed into effect the Rhode Island Industrial Hemp Program Plan (230-RICR-80-10-1) which applies to the growth, production, distribution and retail sale of industrial hemp. The Program’s purpose as it relates to CBD retailers is for safe product retail to consumers.
The requirements to obtain a Rhode Island CBD Retailers License include: names and addresses of CBD companies partnering; having proper package and labeling requirements; not claiming improper marketing or advertising; having proper policies and procedures for recalls of CBD products; obtaining copies of certificates of analyses of CBD products; having CBD products produced with proper processing and safety Regulations.
The Office of Cannabis Regulations Chief signed the BAK 2 Basics approval in effect as of January 6, 2022.
- Attended and participated in the first HempMeds Global Health Advisory Board Meeting on August 20, 2020. Dr Thomas Rocco accepted a member position on the HempMeds Advisory Board in 2020.
- HealthCare TV Network host Cassandra Hein interviewed Dr Thomas Rocco on CBD for Pain, Anxiety and Sleep in March 2020. HealthCare TV Network Interview with Dr Thomas Rocco on CBD for Pain, Anxiety and Sleep – March 2020
- Dr Thomas Rocco published an educational blog titled “The Facts about CBD” for Newport Hospital/Lifespan in the Living Section for balance, mindfulness and mental wellness on February 18, 2020.
- Educating the Portsmouth Rotary Club during their quarterly member meeting on the safe medical CBD use was done on January 28, 2020 with Dr. Thomas Rocco.
- CBD public awareness and safety discussed on Health Fair “On Air” on WADK 1540 AM Newport on January 28, 2020 with BAK 2 Basics CBD Medical Consultants.
- Dr Thomas Rocco was interviewed on “Talk of the Town with Bruce Newbury” on WADK 1540 AM Newport to discuss and understand the proper medicinal use of CBD. It was aired live on January 2, 2020 during the Newport Hospital Hour of Health. Hear the 54 minute long discussion on the WADK 1540 Newport podcast. Podcast – Newport Hospital Hour of Health – Dr Thomas Rocco on CBD and Hemp 1-02-2020
- BAK 2 Basics CBD staff consulted and participated in the CBD seminar in regard to safe CBD therapy as it relates to health issues at the Empower Women’s Expo on November 17, 2019.
- BAK 2 Basics CBD Medical Consultants attended the Rhode Island Health & Wellness Fair on Sunday October 27, 2019 to educate the public on the safe and proper health indications for CBD therapy.
- A 90 minute CBD seminar was given to the hospice volunteers from Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice on September 15, 2019. The topics discussed were proper intake/use/dosage of CBD for different types of illnesses, appropriate use in hospice patients and differences in different types of CBD such as isolate, broad spectrum and full spectrum CBD medications.
- The BAK 2 Basics, LLC staff had an educational CBD seminar for proper and safe CBD treatment with multiple counselors involved with Readjustment Counseling Services for Veterans/Active military personnel on August 7, 2019 in Warwick RI. The key purpose of the discussion was safe use, proper dose and proper use of CBD. But more importantly, the talk expanded on the topic of active military CBD use. Choice of an incorrect CBD medication could have deleterious effects on their military career due to random drug testing. Full spectrum medications (THC <0.03%) have the potential for positive THC on drug testing therefore if active military desires to use CBD, the safest treatment is with an isolate CBD medications (100% CBD/ 0% THC) from a reputable CBD medication.
- The BAK 2 Basics, LLC staff was interviewed by Ernest Faison on PEG-RI TV on The Ernest Faison Show to educate the public on the safe and proper use of CBD medications. The main educational purpose of this interview was a basic summary of CBD therapy for public awareness. The initial discussion touched upon the endocannabinoid system as it relates to CBD/THC. Further conversation explained the indications of its use, different ways of intake, the benefits of CBD, the safe/proper use, different types of CBD products such as capsules, tinctures, edibles, topicals and the difference between isolate versus full spectrum CBD products. The show airs on Tuesday June 18, 2019 at 8:30pm on PEG-RI TV, Cox cable channel 13 and Verizon cable channel 32.
- On March 5, 2019, the staff of BAK 2 Basics LLC had a Cannabidiol presentation to Rhode Island Hospice teams which included nurse managers, nurses, social workers, pharmacist and clergy. The information given and discussed were centered on the benefits/proper use of CBD medications and how it can be another additional treatment for the hospice patient and their symptoms.
- The BAK 2 Basics, LLC staff was instrumental in writing a petition to the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations Rhode Island Department of Health to add Opioid Dependency as a debilitating medical condition to qualify appropriate use of medical marijuana. The public hearing was heard on February 6, 2019 at the Rhode Island Department of Health Auditorium. BAK 2 Basics staff was present at the public hearing and advocated supportive testimony to this petition.
- The BAK 2 Basics, LLC staff attended the annual American Nurses Association Rhode Island (ANA-RI) meeting on February 1, 2019 which included a comprehensive medical marijuana conference titled “Empowering the Nurse’s Role in the Medicinal Cannabis Movement”. The conference was presented by Carey Clark PhD, RN, who is the President of American Cannabis Nurses Association.