State of Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation and The Office of Cannabis Regulation has licensed BAK 2 Basics, LLC as a certified CBD Retailer. BAK 2 Basics has satisfied all requirements necessary for proper approval and is the first Rhode Island retailer to become certified to retail hemp-derived consumable CBD products.
In December 2021, the Department of Business Regulations signed into effect the Rhode Island Industrial Hemp Program Plan (230-RICR-80-10-1) which applies to the growth, production, distribution and retail sale of industrial hemp. The Program’s purpose as it relates to CBD retailers is for safe product retail to consumers.
The requirements to obtain a Rhode Island CBD Retailers License include:
- names and addresses of CBD companies partnering
- having proper package and labeling requirements
- not claiming improper marketing or advertising
- having proper policies and procedures for recalls of CBD products
- obtaining copies of certificates of analyses of CBD products
- having CBD products produced with proper processing and safety Regulations
The Office of Cannabis Regulations Chief signed the BAK 2 Basics approval in effect as of January 6, 2022.