The FDA recently updated its view on CBD Products in March 2020.
The major bullet points of this FDA consumer update about CBD:
- The FDA has approved only one CBD product as a prescription drug product to treat two rare severe forms of epilepsy.
- It is illegal to market CBD as a food additive or dietary supplement.
- The FDA needs more data to update its safety and risks.
- Some CBD products are being marketed with unproven medical claims with unknown quality.
- The FDA is working to answer questions about the science, safety and quality of CBD products and will continue to update the public as it learns more about CBD.
BAK 2 Basics Medical CBD Consultants closely follow these FDA updates about CBD and follow the FDA warning letters issued to firms that market incorrect CBD content. This information allows BAK 2 Basics Medical CBD Consultants to ensure that quality tested CBD products are offered and to educate the proper CBD medical indications for our patients.