Medical CBD Question #1 - What were the research findings with regard to CBD and THC Labeling in CBD Products?
Authored by Bak Basics
August 3, 2020
A number of researchers have examined the CBD and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content of CBD extracts available on the Internet and in dispensaries.
What were the research findings with regard to CBD and THC labeling in these CBD products?
A. CBD was frequently under-labeled and THC was consistently over-labeled.
B. Both CBD and THC were frequently either under-labeled or over-labeled.
C. CBD was consistently over-labeled and THC was frequently over-labeled.
D. Both CBD and THC were consistently correctly labeled.
To answer this question, the results from Labeling Acccuracy of Cannabidiol Extracts Sold Online published in Journal of American Medical Association in 2017 and results reported from Business Insider in 2019 from a California cannabis testing company, CannaSafe, can answer this question.
The article from JAMA 2017 evaluated CBD products to assess labeling accuracy of CBD products. 84 CBD products from 31 online CBD companies were purchased and analyzed. This study evaluated many products to allow proper sampling and ensure adequate representation from many different available products.
Among CBD products purchased online and evaluated from the JAMA 2017 report, a wide range of CBD concentrations was found, consistent with the lack of an accepted dose. Of tested products, 26% contained less CBD than labeled, which could negate any potential clinical response.
CannaSafe conducted a blind analysis of 20 popular CBD products. The study found less than 20% of the products contained the cannabidiol as described on the product label. Incredibly, 40% of the products contained less than 20% of the CBD amount claimed on the label with 2 products that actually contained none according to this report.
These CBD product analyses exemplifies the reason to obtain lab results or certificate of analysis when purchasing CBD.
In addition, consumers should also investigate if CBD products are certified as organic by the US Department of Agriculture and tested for pesticides/herbicides. Even though CBD is not yet regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), patients should use CBD products from manufacturers who meet quality standards with Current Good Manufacturing Practices certification from the FDA.
All the quality CBD products that are offered through BAK 2 Basics CBD Medical Consultants are from CBD companies that:
- are located in the United States.
- deliver lab results with new CBD product shipments.
- meet production quality standards of the FDA. In fact, some of the CBD product supplied to BAK 2 Basics CBD Medical Consultants is from a CBD company (HempMeds Real Scientific Hemp Oil) that meets an exceptional standard to allow their CBD product to be included in the Physician Desk Reference as a certified supplement medication.
Obtaining medical CBD for a particular medical ailment can be misleading, confusing and overwhelming as a consumer researching the correct CBD product. BAK 2 Basics CBD Medical Consultants navigates each individual patient's medical needs with a more transparent process to reach their medical CBD goal with a straightforward educated approach.
Medical CBD products from BAK 2 Basics CBD Medical Consultants include:
- concise instructions for each medical CBD product.
- proper initial dosing instructions for each different medical ailment.
- lab results of all CBD products that are available on the BAK2BasicsLLC.com website.
- medical consultation with Dr Thomas Rocco for more clarification of medical CBD use if necessary.
- highlighted instruction sheet done by medical staff after medical CBD consultation to direct personal individual CBD therapy.
- follow up consultations are available for more personal attention for questions and treatment.
ANSWER - B. Both CBD and THC were frequently either under-labeled or over-labeled.
Contact BAK 2 Basics CBD Medical Consultants for any medical CBD questions. The proper use of medical CBD therapy is based on our clinical experience, patient interactions and research studies. We focus on each patient's individual needs as it relates to the indication, proper dosing, intake and interaction/side effects with pharmaceutical medications.
Proper Medical CBD Therapy Is Our Passion
Listen to medical CBD education on "CBD Health Podcast- Medical CBD Talk with Dr Thomas Rocco"
Dr Thomas Rocco - Krystle MacDonald
BAK 2 Basics CBD Medical Consultants
2845 Post Road #103
Warwick RI 02886 (401) 678-6420