Updated FDA Report about CBD Products 2020
Authored by Bak Basics
May 10, 2020
The FDA recently updated its view on CBD Products in March 2020.
The major bullet points of this FDA consumer update about CBD:
- The FDA has approved only one CBD product as a prescription drug product to treat two rare severe forms of epilepsy.
- It is illegal to market CBD as a food additive or dietary supplement.
- The FDA needs more data to update its safety and risks.
- Some CBD products are being marketed with unproven medical claims with unknown quality.
- The FDA is working to answer questions about the science, safety and quality of CBD products and will continue to update the public as it learns more about CBD.
BAK 2 Basics Medical CBD Consultants closely follow these FDA updates about CBD and follow the FDA warning letters issued to firms that market incorrect CBD content. This information allows BAK 2 Basics Medical CBD Consultants to ensure that quality tested CBD products are offered and to educate the proper CBD medical indications for our patients.
FDA Consumer Update About CBD - March 2020
FDA Warning Letters and Test Results of CBD Products - November 2019